Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Google
 

Thursday, December 20, 2007

US company code with plants in several states

US company code with plants in several states??

Question: Hi,

The European company I’m working for bought 3 factories in the US a few years ago. All 3 sites still have their own sales and accounting office and are using their own ERP system. All 3 companies will be merged in SAP and we would like to create 1 company code with 5 plants. However the 5 plants are not situated in the same state. The states involved are Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin.

I’m wondering if, from a financial point of view, it’s legally possible to merge 3 company codes into one when the companies are not located in the same state. I assume it is. And if this is possible, are there any regulations with respect to legal US requirements (eg tax reporting) that we need to be aware of? Regulatory reporting?

Besides this, are there any advantages/disadvantages for creating only 1 company code and not 3?

I hope you can share your knowledge with me. Your help is appreciated!

Thanks

Answer:
Anyone

Answer:
Dear Burt,

I'm not a FI/CO even thought I've been working in these modules
for three years.

However, I can assure that from my experience one of the most
important thing is having one controlling area. (for many company
codes and many plants).

I would create a separate company code for each of the factory.

Best regards,
Mark

Answer:
Hello Mark,

Many thanks for your reply. However if there are no legal requirements that force me to create more than one company code, I'll just create one. I don't see the need to make a split on company code level, so we'll make a split on plant level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mega Search


Content