Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Google
 

Friday, December 21, 2007

payments with same check number in sap fico

2 payments with same check number

Question: Hi there,

Last may, they run F110, for a payment to a vendor for say $100, it was carried out and a check number 1 was created. This June, F110 was run again, and another check was created for an amount of say $50 but the check number is also 1. This was not found out until the bank says that check number was processed.

I looked at F110 and it seems fine with both. I looked at tables REGUP and it says both are processed fine. But when I looked at table PAYR, the $100 dollars was not in the entry, so it printed yet it was not recorded, which is really wierd. What are our options to correct this. I am thinking that we can just re-print this amount using a different check number, is this possible?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jigzy

Answer:
To start with look into the check register to see what was recorded there. From there come back and let us know of you findings so we may be able to give you some guidance.

ZZ

Answer:
Hi ZZ and all,

I looked at the check register and saw no amount or check in there for the first one for the amount of $100 that was printed and cleared. There was however an amount for check #1 for the amount of $50 that cannot be cleared cause the bank says it has the same check number as $100 which they cleared last month.

I looked at REGUS, and it was not blocked, I looked at REGUV, and it says, payment was carried out. (all this is for the $100 check #1, which is not in the check register and not in PAYR table)

Please advise as to what best to do with this.

Looking forward to your answer

Answer:
Hi,

In QAS, I tried to reprint an old check and having it print with a new check number just to see if it would work, I got an error saying this cannot be done as the check was already cashed out. I am thinking, this may be the case that can happen in production once I try it. Now, I am at a lost. We need to pay the vendor soon. Please give me any thoughts.

Answer:
Hi,

I actually thought that I may just reprint that check with another number, I tried it in QAS but I was given an error saying the check has been encashed. I looked at the check info in FCH1, and there was a date in the date encashed field.

On the other hand, I looked at the check info for this check number 1 in PRD, and saw that there is no date in the date encashed field, given this, do you think I just need to reprint the check using a new check number? Would you think there is a better process to go about this?

Thanks.

Answer:
If you reprint it will work because it was not cashed.

Now, based on what you said it seems that somehow you sent the check from QAS to a vendor and that was honored by your bank. I would check with the vendor from QAS if they received a payment on the amount and number of the check you have in QAS. If that is the case you should request a credit from them on the amount of the check.

In addition to that you may want to modify your check sapscript to have a control to print void if a check is printed from QAS. This would prevent future issues like the one you are having.

ZZ

Answer:
In addition to what ZZ said, maybe you also want to make a manual payment (on account) and assign check number "1". I am curious... you mentioned that check was cashed "last" May, then wouldnt there have also been bank reconcilliation issue? for which this manual "on account" payment would help resolve that issue and yet not clear any open items...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mega Search


Content