Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Google
 

Friday, December 21, 2007

Tax Key Calculation in sap fico

Tax Key Calculation

Question: We have a vendor in the UK that sends us quarterly invoices that are 100% tax. I cannot directly enter an invoice that is all tax. When I create a tax key that is 100% Input tax it doesn't calculate it correctly as it says "Tax Rate cannot be larger than base rate". Now if we do a journal entry to the vendor and to the tax account without using a tax key, the tax amount is not picked up on the monthly tax program S_ALR_87012357.
Any ideas how to process this?
Thanks in advance for your help

Answer:
SAP will not allow to process tax only invoice or correction, you have to be creative to process if you want to process that kind of invoice
Here is a creative solution tax rate is 7% and you receive invoice from vendor for 7% tax of $7

Post an entry FB60 to vendor

Debit Expenses 107.00
Credit Vendor 107.00

Tax code I1 or vendor charging 7% Tax on a $100 Invoice
System calculated $7 Tax that you would pay the vendor


Now create a credit memo
FB75

Same expenses account

Debit Vendor $100
Credit Exp $ 100

Tax code I0 non-taxable

Now clear the 107 with 100 and you have 7 to pay the vendor and tax in tax register

Answer:
Thanks for you quick response. I will try it out.



Answer:
Sory FB65 for a debit to vendor not FB75

Regards,

Answer:
use FB41. Sometime dont try to be too smart!

Answer:
SAPPeople,
How is using this tcode going to treat my tax calculation any different? I have tried and am getting the same problem.


Answer:
SAPPeople,
How is using this tcode going to treat my tax calculation any different? I have tried and am getting the same problem.


FB41 allowes you to post to tax account directly without specifying a base value. so i dont see how you can get the same result with a normal tcode.

Answer:
Try using F-43 this allows you to post to the vendor and direct to tax account, you will need a vat code setup which is 100% for vat.



Answer:
I must be crazy. This transaction allows me to post the invoice but when I run the tax report, it does not transfer the correct tax amount. It says the tax amount calculated is 0%.

What am I doing wrong here?

Answer:
Use the method i provided or keep trying SAP does not allow tax only posting means tax base is 0 and tax is $100

it is possible to have tax base $100 and tax $100

I am curious to see other solution

Regards

Answer:
I must be crazy. This transaction allows me to post the invoice but when I run the tax report, it does not transfer the correct tax amount. It says the tax amount calculated is 0%.

What am I doing wrong here?

=======================================

because you are not listening to me!

Answer:
Hey, let's "cooldown"! Remember that a solution that works in one system may not work in another and also that most of us don't have the same level of expertise.
_________________


Answer:
Dear TBajorek

Give FB01 a try using document type SA.

Post the amount GBP100 to the vendor without entering tax code or tax base.

Then post GBP100 to the tax account with tax code and tax base. It should then work.

Please note that the tax account should be without "Post Automatically" setting.

Good luck.

Anaid

Answer:
Thanks for you patience...

Although I am still getting the message "Posting is only possible with a zero balance".

Using FB01 I entered

PK 31 Vendor # 100 GBP
PK 40 Tax Acct 100 GBP Tax Key Tax Base Amt of 100

The tax key I am using is configured to post 100% to the tax account.

What am I doing wrong here?

7 comments:

Mega Search


Content